At the Hillcrest Centre for Health we believe in looking at the whole picture when approaching health. This means not just looking at supporting the whole individual (mind, body & soul) but also supporting healthy relationships, healthy communities and a healthy environment.
- To create and foster a sense of community in Hillcrest Village.
- To provide professional advice and education on health and on natural health products.
- To provide a comprehensive approach to health, customized according to individual needs.
Our Environmental Commitment
In an effort to leave as small a footprint as we could in the creation and daily running of the Centre, we took the following measures:
- Salvaged vintage wood flooring from a demolition home was used as much as possible.
- Buying recycled and repurposed items and furniture for the clinic from our local antique vendors Reza & Mr.G!
- Using mistinted paints and recycled paints & materials while supporting Habitat For Humanity Stores.
- Buying bamboo flooring which is a sustainable source at flooring surplus auctions.
- Buying items from local merchants to support the local economy as well as reducing gas usage.
- Using recycled & FSC certified paper materials.
- Recycling & composting to divert our waste from landfills.
- Analyzing and adapting our energy & water usage to minimize our impact.
- Using loose leaf teas as opposed to bags, wood stir sticks instead of plastic and reusable cups instead of disposable.
- Sourcing from vendors/suppliers that are local (as much as possible) and have environmentally sustainable products and philosophies.
- Using reusable linens as opposed to disposable, and keeping a set of linens for each patient doing an acupuncture series, as opposed to washing each set every time.
- Using natural cleaning products such as vinegar, tea tree, oregano and baking soda.
- Using natural soaps and lotions to reduce chemical run off into our waste water.
If you have any other suggestions on how we can reduce our impact we would love to hear them!