In an effort to leave as small a footprint as we could in the creation and daily running of the Centre, we took the following measures:
1. Salvaged vintage wood flooring from a demolition home in Forest Hill was used as much as possible.
2. Buying recycled and repurposed items and furniture for the clinic from our local antique vendors on St. Clair W, Reza & Mr.Ji (RIP).
3. Using mistinted paints and recycled paints & materials while supporting Habitat For Humanity ReStores.
4. Buying bamboo flooring which is a sustainable source at flooring surplus auctions.
5. Buying items from local merchants to support the local economy as well as reducing gas usage.
6. Using recycled & FSC certified and sometimes even sugar cane based paper materials.
7. Recycling & composting to divert our waste from landfills.
8. Analyzing and adapting our energy & water usage to minimize our impact.
9. Using loose leaf teas as opposed to synthetic tea bags, wood stir sticks instead of plastic and reusable cups instead of disposable.
10. Sourcing from vendors/suppliers that are local (as much as possible) and have environmentally sustainable products and philosophies.
11. Using reusable linens and washing with Nellies Laundry soap ( as opposed to disposable linens )
12. Using natural cleaning products such as vinegar, tea tree, thyme and baking soda.
13. Using natural soaps and lotions to reduce chemical run off into our waste water.
14. We buy gently used second hand furniture and decor whenever possible in order to divert waste from landfills.